Thanks for visiting.
We are dedicated to the gospel of Christ and to ministering to precious souls. If we can be of personal help be sure to email or phone. See side-bar for details on our regular services and look above for our resources. Pastor Ian Goligher
Text for the Week
“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.” Exodus 20:4-6
At prayer-meeting we learned the need to pray on the second commandment – not to make any graven image or likeness of God, but to worship God with zeal for His glorious Name.
How to pray for worshippers of God?
- Pray for a true knowledge of God to grip your heart. Feed on the Lord’s word, seeking to know the God behind each event, doctrine and promise in the Bible. God must reveal Himself to our souls so we know Him in truth, not by imagination.
- Pray for reverence to God’s holy name.
- Pray for zeal for God’s glory.
- Pray for a holy hatred all false worship— take a stand. There can be no neutrality, on this issue, as God hates false worship, and considers false worshippers as those who hate Him. He loves true worship and all who worship Him in truth.
- Pray for God’s mercy to be extended to you as you worship God. All worship offered by redeemed sinners, must be offered on the basis of God’s mercy.
- Pray for our children to learn to worship God aright and be delivered from false, or profane worship. “Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.” Eze. 22:26,
To profane means to wound, dissolve or defile. It means to bring to a lower value. When applied to worship it means to bring down to a human, or worldly level. May we always strive to lift up the Lord’s name and give unto Him all the glory that is due to His name.
- Pray for additions to our church and Sunday School, and for power in preaching, joy in fellowship and help in the pastoral care of the congregation.
- Debbie Swidrowich needs prayer for allergies and other medical needs.
- Al Marcoux, who is still recuperating from his heart operation. He hopes to be able to join us in church again soon.
- Pray for radio listeners as the programs go out each day at 5a.m. & 5p.m. as well as Sundays at 9:30 a.m. We are getting good feedback on this program as its benefits people who don’t get out to church on Sunday mornings.
Saturday 7:30p.m. Men’s Prayer Meeting – All men invited.
Sunday School 9:30 a.m. Classes for all ages. Adult Class – Study on the Holiness of God – Pastor Goligher
Morning Service 10:30 a.m. Communion- The Lord Jesus the good Shepherd.
Evening Service 6:00 p.m. Standing Fast in the Face of Scoffers of Christ’s Second Coming 2 Peter 3
For our online church Calendar, Current Magazine online & missionary news go to: http://www.cloverdalefpc.ca/announcements/
___Pastor Ian Goligher